Am I eligible for Meaningful Use?
Before you begin anything for Meaningful Use, you must make sure that you are applicable and eligible for Meaningful Use program. Please click here for the eHealth Eligibility Assessment Tool to check for your eligibility.
All Eligible Professionals must satisfy 10 objectives. However specific to 2015, CMS allows exclusions for some of the objectives.
For clarification on your reporting periods, please visit CMS's EHR participation timeline.
- Objective 1: Protect Patient Health Information
- Objective 2: Clinical Reminders
- Objective 3: Computerized Provider Order Entry
- Objective 4: Electronic Prescribing
- Objective 5: Health Information Exchange (EXCLUDED for 2015)
- Objective 6: Patient Specific Education (EXCLUDED for 2015)
- Objective 7: Medication Reconciliation (EXCLUDED for 2015)
- Objective 8: Patient Electronic Access
- Objective 9: Secure Messaging (EXCLUDED for 2015)
- Objective 10: Public Health Reporting
Clinical Quality Measures
Eligible professionals must report 9 of the 64 available Clinical Quality Measures. Requirements for Clinical Quality Measures are the same for both Stage 1 and Stage 2. There was a new requirement in 2014 that the quality measures selected must cover at least 3 of the 6 available National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains, which represent the Department of Health and Human Services’ NQS priorities for health care quality improvement.
Below is a list of all the Clinical Quality Measures that Elation has been certified to track for Meaningful Use. If you report the following 9 CQMs, you will satisfy these requirements. It is okay to have numerator and denominator values of 0 for any of these CQMs. There is no percentage goal you need to meet for CQMs, unlike Core and Menu measures. For more details on each measure, please click here.
For more information, please view CMS's Introduction to Medicare EHR Incentive Program.