GoalMeasure 1: More than 50% of all unique patients seen by the provider during the EHR reporting period are provided timely online access to their health information, with the ability to view, download, and transmit to a third party (available to the patient within 4 business days after the information is available to the provider).
Measure 2: At least one patient seen by the EP during the EHR reporting period (or patient-authorized representative) views, downloads or transmits to a third party his or her health information during the EHR reporting period.
- Provider who conducts 50% or more of his or her patient encounters in a county that does not have 50 percent or more of its housing units with 4Mbps broadband availability according to the latest information available from the FCC on the first day of the EHR reporting period is excluded only from measure 2.
Measure DetailsSpecifications from CMS: Objective 8
- Numerator: The number of patients in the denominator who are provided timely online access to their health information to view, download, and transmit to a third party (within 4 business days after the information is available to the provider).
- Denominator: Number of unique patients seen by the provider during the EHR reporting period.
- Only one patient seen during the reporting period needs to log-in and view their Patient Passport.
Health Information includes: current and past problem list, procedures, lab test results, medication list and history, allergy list and history, vital signs, smoking status, demographic information, care plan and goals
How to Meet This Measure in Elation
The numerator is currently calculated using the number of patients that have been invited to Passport Portal and patients provided MU clinical summary printouts. To satisfy this requirement, you will need to make sure to invite patients OR provide MU clinical summary printouts to patients within 4 business days of their most recent visit.
- To learn how to invite patients to Passport, visit our page on the Patient Passport website: FAQs about Patient Passport.
- To print the MU clinical summary, click on the "Print Clinical Summary of Encounter (MU)" text at the bottom of the visit note.
To meet this measure, one patient must have access to their patient portal AND also log into into their patient portal account. This measure is automatically tracked within ElationEMR. Once one patients registers for patient portal and logs in during the EHR reporting period, your MU Dashboard will have a green check mark next to this measure.