￼More than 10% of all unique patients seen by the provider are provided patient-specific education resources.
- Provider who has no office visits during the reporting period.
Specifications from CMS: Objective 6
Numerator: Number of patients in the denominator who are provided patient-specific education resources.
Denominator: Number of unique patients seen by the provider during the EHR reporting period.
How to Meet This Measure in ElationElation counts patients in the numerator if the following criteria are true:
- A patient education handout is printed from the visit note and recorded in the note BEFORE the note is signed off
- The text "Handout: ___ " remains in the note remains in the visit note.
1) To select and print a patient education handout to be tracked by meaningful use, open any visit note. In the "Plan" section of each note, click on the "Handout" button OR click on "Handouts" section in the patient's chart.
2) Select a patient handout to print. When you click on the handout name, the handout is automatically documented in your note in the "Plan" section. You must keep the "Handout" text in the signed off visit note in order for it to be counted as a numerator in the meaningful use measure.