All Eligible Professionals in Stage 2 in 2015:
- All Eligible Professionals must satisfy 10 objectives.
- Objective 1: Protect Patient Health Information
- Objective 2: Clinical Decision Support
- Objective 3: Computerized Provider Order Entry
- Objective 4: Electronic Prescribing
- Objective 5: Health Information Exchange
- Objective 6: Patient Specific Education
- Objective 7: Medication Reconciliation
- Objective 8: Patient Electronic Access
- Objective 9: Secure Messaging
- Objective 10: Public Health Reporting
Clinical Quality Measures
Eligible professionals must report 9 of the 64 available Clinical Quality Measures. Requirements for Clinical Quality Measures are the same for both Stage 1 and Stage 2.
Below is a list of all the Clinical Quality Measures that Elation has been certified to track for Meaningful Use. There was also a new requirement in 2014 that the quality measures selected must cover at least 3 of the 6 available National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains, which represent the Department of Health and Human Services’ NQS priorities for health care quality improvement. If you report the following 9 CQMs, you will satisfy these requirements. It is okay for you to have numerators or denominators of 0 for CQMs. For more details on each measure, please click here.
- (NQF 0018) Controlling High Blood Pressure
- (NQF 0059) Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control
- (NQF 0075) Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Complete Lipid Panel and LDL Control
- (NQF 0024) Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents
- (NQF 0028) Preventive Care and Screening: Screening and Cessation Intervention
- (NQF 0038) Childhood Immunization Status
- (NQF 0041) Preventive Care and Screening: Influenza Immunization
- (NQF 0421) Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up
For more information, please view CMS's Introduction to Medicare EHR Incentive Program.