How to change your own CDS settings if you're a provider:
- Go to Settings > Preferences (under User Settings)
- Scroll to Clinical Decision Support (Meaningful Use) at the bottom of the page
- Use the toggles to configure your CDS settings.
Note: These changes will only apply to your provider account. To change CDS settings for staff in your practice, see below:
How to change CDS settings for staff members in your practice:
- Go to Settings > Staff Settings (under Practice Settings)
- Find Staff Clinical Decision Support (Meaningful Use) on the page
- Use the toggles to configure the CDS settings
Note: These changes will apply to all staff in your practice.
How do I turn CDS on or off?
To turn CDS off, make sure the toggle next to "Enable Clinical Decision Support" is set to "No". With CDS off, you will not receive any CDS alerts in your visit notes.
To turn CDS on, make sure the toggle next to "Enable Clinical Decision Support" is set to "Yes". With CDS on, you will receive CDS alerts. You can further configure how you would like to receive alerts with additional settings (see below).
If Clinical Decision Support is turned ON...
- Choose to display supporting diagnostic and therapeutic reference resources for each CDS alert
If this is set to "ON," you can click on a CDS alert from the visit note to access supporting resources
- Turn on CDS for individual Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs):
- NQF 0421: BMI Screening and Follow-up
- NQF 0028: Tobacco Use Assessment
- NQF 0028: Tobacco Cessation Intervention
- NQF 0024: Childhood Obesity - BMI Assessment
- NQF 0024: Childhood Obesity - Nutrition Counseling
- NQF 0024: Childhood Obesity - Exercise Counseling
- NQF 0041: Infuenza Immunization for Patients over 50 y.o.
- NQF 0018: High Blood Pressure Control
- NQF 0059: Diabetes - Hemoglobin A1c Control
- NQF 0075: Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD) - LDL Control
- NQF 0419: Documentation of Current Medications
- Documentation of Current Allergies
- NQF 0075: Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD) - Complete Lipid Panel