2 ways to get documents into a patient chart
- Upload and file via Document Manager
Learn how to import documents and file them via Document Manager
- Drag and drop directly in the patient's chart (instructions below). NOTE: You can only use this feature for one document at a time.
Drag and drop a document into a patient's chart to upload it
- Find the document you want to file into your patient's chart on your computer
- Drag the file from the folder on your computer and drop it anywhere on the patient's chart in Elation
- Select the document type or Report Type, fill out the Reviewer's name, date of document, and add a title and/or report tags if desired.
- Wait for the document to upload and process.
- Once processed, your new report or note will appear at the top of the Requiring Actions Queue, awaiting sign-off.
Related Articles:Learn how to customize the Report Types available for your practice.