After you've created and signed a lab or radiology order in Elation, you can electronically fax it to the vendor via Elation's Provider Letter.
- Locate the Order that you’d like to send in your patient’s chart. Hover over the Order, and click on "Actions >> Provider Letter".
- In the “To” field, type the fax number of the recipient. If a search result appears in the dropdown, click on the result to select.
If no results are found, press the TAB button on your keyboard and a dialogue window will appear prompting you to save a new contact. Select “Organization”, type the name of the vendor, and click "Save".
- If you’d like, type a subject and message to the vendor. Next, click on “Select Chart Items to Attach”.
- Check the checkbox for "Patient Demographics". Click “Attach Items”.
- At the bottom of the letter, check the checkbox for “Also fax copies of attachments”. Lastly click “Sign and Send”.
Note: To fax the Order outside of Elation with your fax machine, you can print a copy of the Order by clicking “Actions >> Print”.