Welcome to Elation’s Calendar! This feature was designed to provide an intuitive experience for managing appointments and providing visibility into your practice’s schedule by:
- Creating new appointments with one click from any blank space in the schedule
- Streamlining available actions when managing an appointment
- Stacking simultaneous events alongside one another
- Indicating the current time with a blue time tracker line
We also introduced additional functionality into our expanded view by:
- Introducing an expanded day view for individual calendars
- Filtering provider schedules by custom user groups
- Supporting more than 7 providers in multi-provider view
Here is a video of how it works:
You can reference this article at any time to learn how to:
- Create a patient appointment or event
- Manage a patient appointment
- Delete a patient appointment
- Read overlapping appointments
- Customize expanded view by creating provider groups
These enhancements would not have been possible without your suggestions and insights, so thank you! If you have any questions about the Elation Calendar, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click any where there is blank space on the calendar to create an appointment or event, including the additional space next to an already scheduled appointment or event.
This removes two additional clicks required in Scheduler to open the Actions menu and select a squeeze in appointment.
Click on the appointment to surface key information for that patient including their preferred phone number and assigned provider. This window enables you to easily update the appointment status (see below) and specify which room they are in. This replaces the longer Actions list that was available in our Scheduler.
You can update billing information, edit appointment details and view the audit log by selecting Edit Appointment Details.
Appointments and events stack alongside one another in the same time slot rather than expanding the time slot and sitting on top of one another. The most recently scheduled appointment or event will appear on top.
You can access an enlarged view of the schedule by clicking Expand in the top right corner of Calendar and then selecting Day in the top right corner of the window.
Your Elation Admin can now create user groups (ex: PCP, Speciality specific) in practice settings to customize the layout of your calendar multi-view. Providers are not limited to one group as shown below.
Change your view by clicking on All Providers in expanded Calendar and selecting the group that is of interest.