Elation and eFaxingYour subscription with Elation comes with a complimentary eFax number. Document sent to this eFax number will be accessible in your Elation Fax Inbox. From here, any use can file the documents directly into patient charts.
Getting an eFax Number
How to get an eFax Number
- Every Elation practice automatically receives an eFax number during their implementation process.
- Watch for an email within 10 days notifying your practice that an eFax number has been requested.
If you currently have a landline number that you wish to continue distributing, you can choose to set-up Fax Forwarding to push incoming faxes to your Elation Fax Inbox. (Note: Fax Forwarding will only work with landline numbers. If you had an existing eFax number prior to using Elation, please see Porting steps below). Upon being assigned a new eFax number, please follow the Forwarding steps below to forward faxes from your landline number to your Elation eFax number.
Forwarding Your Landline Number
Steps Involved in the Forwarding Process
- Confirm that you have a landline (i.e. analog) fax number
- Configure "Fax Forwarding" under the Settings of your fax machine. Instructions are often available in your fax machine's User Manual or searchable online.
- You can also try contacting your phone company to set up fax forwarding.
Porting An Existing eFax Number
If you already have an existing eFax number prior to using Elation and you wish to keep using that eFax number, you can request the number to be Ported into Elation. This process transfers ownership of your eFax number from your existing fax carrier to Elation's fax partner.
Steps Involved in the Porting Process
- You will receive an email from an Implementation Manager with some instructions to:
- Call and confirm with your local carrier that your fax number can be ported
- Fill out, scan and send back the attachment (a Letter of Authorization form, attached below) to the Implementation Manager
- Send the first page of your current telephone bill; the bill must have the Lead Billing Number on it.
- Once you have submitted the correct documents to the Implementation Manager, they will initiate porting with Softlinx. Please note that this process can take up to 20 days.
- You will receive an email containing your newly activated Elation fax number, and if you plan to fax forward, you can start at your earliest convenience!