Note: There is no % requirement for CQMs. However, it is best to report as much as you can for CQMs.
The percentage of patients 18-85 years of age who had a diagnosis of hypertension and whose BP was adequately controlled during the CQM measurement year.
Denominator: Patients aged 18 to 85 years old who have been diagnosed with hypertension within 6 months of the CQM measurement start date and have been seen by the Eligible Professional at least once.
Numerator: Patients in the denominator who have had a systolic blood pressure of < 140 mmHg and a diastolic blood pressure of < 90 mmHg recorded in the most recent Visit Note.
Exclusion: Patients with evidence of end stage renal disease (ESRD), dialysis or renal transplant before or during the measurement period. Also exclude patients with a diagnosis of pregnancy during the measurement period.
How to Track This Measure in Elation
For the denominator to track correctly on Elation:
- Record the relevant CPT code in the billing section of every patient's Visit Note: 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205, 99211, 99212, 99213, 99214, 99215, 99217, 99218, 99219, 99220, 99241, 99242, 99243, 99244, 99245, 99341, 99342, 99343, 99344, 99345, 99347-99350, 99384, 99385, 99386, 99387, 99394, 99395, 99396, 99397, 99401, 99402, 99403, 99404, 99411, 99412, 99420, 99429, 99455, 99456
- Make sure the correct Primary Care Provider is listed for the patient, if your practice has more than one provider
- Record your patient's hypertension diagnosis in the Problem List with the relevant ICD-9 or ICD-10 diagnosis code. Otherwise, the diagnosed patient will not count toward the denominator (and therefore not count toward increasing your percentage), even if you have added the ICD-9 or ICD-10 diagnosis code to the Visit Note: 401.0, 401.1, 401.9, I10
- Note: ICD diagnosis codes do not need to be added to the Visit Note (but do need to be entered into the Problem List!) and do not affect your percentage
For the numerator to track correctly on Elation:
- Record your patients' blood pressure in the BP text field in the Visit Note.
Note: Patients will not be counted in the numerator if they are diagnosed with hypertension with the correct ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes AND have been seen for a visit with the correct CPT codes, but do not have any vitals data for the measurement period.