1. When you enable Patient Passport messaging, a large orange button appears at the bottom of a patient's “Timeline” page that says “New Message”:
2. Clicking this button will open a blank form to compose a message to your practice. (The form clearly states at the top that Passport is only to be used for non-urgent communication).
3. After the patient selects a message category, the message window will update and tell the user to whom their message will be routed at the practice.
If you have routed the category to a staff member, Passport will tell the patient that their message will go to "Staff". If you have routed the category to that patient’s provider, Passport will tell the patient that their message will go to their doctor.
Learn more about message routing and how to set it up for your practice.
4. Patients have the opportunity to add attachments to new messages which is made apparent through the new 'Add Attachments' button between 'Send' and 'Discard'.
5. After the patient sends their message, a copy of the outbound message will appear at the top of their Timeline feed with an orange paper airplane icon:
Additional questions on Patient Passport? Please consult FAQs About Patient Passport on our Patient Passport website.